Thursday, October 29, 2015

Rivers State Governorship Election Was A Sham Says Tonye Princewill



More reactions are pouring in over the nullification of the Rivers State Governorship Election announced last Saturday by the Rivers State Election Petition Tribunal. Labour Party Governorship Candidate in the last Governorship Election in Rivers State Prince Tonye Princewill has hailed the judgment of the State Governorship Election which nullifies the Election of Nyesom Wike as the Governor of Rivers State.
According to the Labour Party Governorship candidate Tonye Princewill said the Judgment of the Rivers State Election Petition Tribunal did not come to him as a surprise and as such did not come to his supporter as a surprise, in his words:


 I have always been insisting and maintained that the Election in Rivers State was a sham, I have said it many times and I will continue to say it. I also said that, the Election been a sham is not something that I was going to challenge in court simply for a variety of reason but primarily because APC was already in court, I saw no reason why I should also be in court at the same time.

Now that they have come up with their judgment, the very important thing I will say, it is not a surprise to me, and it is not a surprise at all. I expected that the Tribunal instead will find that the Election was not up to standard.
However, he advised the Peoples Democratic Party not to appeal the judgment but rather seek public opinion and walk towards another election. He also urges Rivers people to remain peaceful and law abiding

I think it is important that people should understand that, people should allow peoples vote count.
I had no illusion that PDP was the more popular party than the APC in the 2015 Election. I saw no reasons for them to embark on this kind of process of rigging; I felt it was out of order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users, they do not reflect the views of fresheste