Monday, April 6, 2015

Gen Mohammadu Buhari - Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles

President elect Gen. Muhmmadu Buhari, has told Nigerians not to expect miracles to performed the moment he assumes office.
The Rtd Gen who spoke with BBC correspondence, said the war against insurgency is ongoing, noting that :
''for five, six years or thereabout, the Nigerian Law Enforcement Agencies, including the military, could not provide security to  14 Local Governments''.
''How then can I promise miracles when I come? But with the cooperation of our neighbouring countries i.e Cameroon, Chad, Niger and the international community, as well as the commitment we are going to get from the military, I think it will take us a much shorter time to deal with it''.
Buhari also spoke on his election campaign promises, this he said:
''To decisively fight corruption and unemployment,I made that promise and I hope Nigerians will give me the opportunity to see whether my effort will be good enough or not''.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users, they do not reflect the views of fresheste